I call this my “SuperPower Smoothie” because it really is a “superpower”. If you wake in the morning feeling tired, reach an afternoon slump or need a bit of “oomph”, then give this smoothie a try. It will make you feel rejuvenated and energised instantly. It’s also great for your immune system too! When I created this smoothie, I literally just threw a bunch of ingredients into my blender and I actually used to have this smoothie as my main source of fuel on the mornings I ran marathons & half marathons (I carb-loaded the 3 days prior so this was nice, light & hydrating for race day).
And I promise it tastes better than it sounds!
- 1-2 stalks kale
- 1 stalk silver beet
- A little celery
- A little cucumber
- Small handful English spinach
- Fresh mint
- A little ginger
- A little turmeric (can omit but helps fight inflammation)
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup filtered water or coconut water
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of mixed berries (including blueberries)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 scoop supergreens powder
- 1-2 rings of pineapple (note: if using tinned pineapple, use pineapple in natural juice, not syrup)
- Sunflower seeds
- Dessicated coconut
- Chia seeds
- Bee pollen
Throw the smoothie ingredients in your blender. Whiz away. Once contents are smooth, pour into a glass. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, dessicated coconut, chia seeds and bee pollen.