Are you struggling with boredom, restlessness or a lack of creativity either during the school holidays, Christmas/new year period, this self isolation/quarantining phase or even just generally? Here are some of the things that I often do plus other suggestions to make the best use of all this extra free time. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on tasks that may have slipped through the cracks, work on or start new projects that have been placed on the back burner as well as re-evaluate existing goals or even set some new goals. I’m honestly enjoying having some extra free time! There is always a positive to every situation (attitude is everything) & it’s especially important to keep on top of your mindset & mental health during this time.
IDEAS TO KEEP YOU OCCUPIED:-
- Deep clean your home. We have been sanitizing everything every 2-3 days (I’m not joking) plus a huge deep carpet clean throughout the whole house.
- Enroll in free online courses. I have started 2 short courses through Harvard & University of Pennsylvania. I will share the link to a list of 450 free courses across an array of disciplines offered by Ivy League universities (in my stories & comments). This is a great opportunity to build your CV. The more qualified you are = the more employable you are = the more opportunities that come your way.
- Read books. I read every day anyway but now I have even more time to read. A few friends & I have even swapped books. Sharing is caring.
- Listen to podcasts. Some of my favourites are: @jayshetty @tombilyeu @trentshelton @thechampionmindset @evedawes
- Set some goals. If you’re a goal setter like me, evaluate your goals & how you’re tracking towards achieving them.
- Have a remote movie night with friends through Netflix Party.
- Organise & clean out your wardrobe. I’ve also set aside a heap of clothes to donate to goodwill. Always help others whenever & however you can.
- Try new recipes. I’ve been creating & trying some new recipes for my blog which I’m excited to share. Cooking can also be quite therapeutic & relaxing.
- Update your blog or website. I’m in the process of transferring posts & recipes from my old blog to my new website (this is actually quite arduous & time consuming!!).
- Spend time in nature. Go for a hike, swim in the ocean or fishing.
- Exercise. Go for a walk in the sunshine. Utilize some of the many free home workouts that are currently being shared across social media. You don’t need a gym to workout. This is a great time to focus on your health & fitness goals.
- FaceTime with family and friends. My FaceTime usage has increased exponentially in recent months.
- Learn to meditate and/or control your breathing. My favourite app is @headspace
- Get creative with art & craft!
- Catch up on sleep.
- Practice gratitude or journal.
- Create a vision board. This helps you visualize your goals every day and also helps keep you on track with your goals.
- Play Xbox with your friends. It’s lots of fun and makes for a great distraction.
- Prepare and file your tax return.
- Do a spring clean around your home & de clutter including organising each room, cupboard & drawer.
I hope you find some of these ideas useful.